I had been apprehensive about this title as FFXIII was a little too long winded, especially at endgame, specifically because the final few achievements required 100+ hours and creating a spreadsheet to complete. FFXIII-2 however was a bit more fun to play. I took the plunge over the holidays as it was £9 brand new.
- A really fun storyline, jumping through different time periods, seeing how the events of FFXIII turned out and where they went.
- An oddly pokemon type mechanic where you recruit and level monsters throughout time.
- Though some of the areas are reused from FFXIII it doesnt feel like it, as they have been redone with different time-period themes.
- Feels like a classic Sqeenix game, A touch of final fantasy mixed with Chrono trigger but with a sleek new façade.
- The multiple "paradox" endings, where you can replay certain events and change their outcome.
An overly teenage angsty theme; the younger protagonists with the usual coming-of-age story.
This Chocobo Remix:
In conclusion, it's really worth a punt for anyone who played FFXIII, at least the story line.
Love and YOU WANNA RIDE THIS CHOCOBO!