We've burned out bridges with GAME. We tried but they've been failing us as consumers for the last half decade. Probably longer if we could be bothered to dredge through the archives. However, I happened to pop in to one today just to check. One in central London, the capital city of the United States of England. Here's what I saw:
- The store is now divided in half. One half if PS4, the other half is Xbone. I didn't spot the Wii games and the 3DS section only had five different new games and a pre-owned section chock full of absolute shite shovelware.
- This last week neither the PS4 or the Xbone demo terminals have been working. Great showcase of that expensive new exciting next generation right?
- No new copies of GTA V. Pre-owned only. In the ten minutes I was there two people asked for it one didn't want pre-owned and the other one begrudgingly bought one. But it is 3 months old now so it's basically a legacy game. Why would they sell it.
- No Xbones in stock and "no idea" when they'd have them in again is the helpful advice one till chimp gave a no doubt satisfied customer. Which is hilarious. Various spokespeople for the chain have been whinging about how a new hardware generation is needed over the last three years. Just over a week after launch they can't fulfil customer demand.
- A couple asking which was worth a purchase a Xbone or a PS4 and the till chimp gave them a one word answer "PS4" and walked off. Probably nothing to do with them not having any Xbones but once again that extensive customer service training coming into play.
So hilarious GAME. You're a fucking failure as a business. You must be a front for money laundering or perhaps a porn ring. The next time you go under we sincerely hope that publishers hold you down until you stop struggling. Just to be sure.